Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Raw Milk? Well...maybe some cream for today

We journeyed out to our friends place to see about some milk. The lady of the house had just made cheese from yesterdays milk and so I was out of luck for getting some milk for today. I did however score this dandy jug of fresh cream, which I will be making butter & then cheese out of! We agreed I would come once a week for 3 Gallons of whole milk. While we were there the boys got to see the ducks, chickens, goats, dogs, and horses. Cy (my eldest of three boys) managed to sneak past the barking dogs to see the kittens inside the house, leaving Carter & Vinny to suffer tears in retreat of the intimidating dogs. Cater said the dogs were going to bite his leg off...

I'll post more about processing the butter later. Subscribe for the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment